The last few years have taken a toll on communities across the country. Some people may have experienced struggles with physical health, mental health, social isolation and food insecurity.
To support the needs of uninsured individuals and underserved communities, UnitedHealthcare is investing in solutions to help people access the care they need. Here’s a look at some of that effort:
- In August, we awarded $11 million in Empowering Health grants to help address the needs of uninsured individuals and underserved communities.
- To date, we have invested more than $51 million in Empowering Health grants since 2018, reaching 8 million people in 30 states and the District of Columbia.
- We have distributed more than 174 million meals to help reduce food insecurity.
- We built 38 playgrounds to help create a safe place for kids to play.
- We transformed more than 400,000 square feet of fitness space to help kids stay active.
- We invested $800 million to help create affordable housing.
- We made a $100 million commitment to help advance a more diverse health workforce.
Together with our grant partners, we are focusing on creating healthier communities by expanding access and addressing social determinants of health.
For more information, visit uhc.com.