To demonstrate its continued commitment to helping people live healthier lives and making the health system work better for everyone, UnitedHealthcare is making several enhancements to its Oxford small group health plans in New York and New Jersey.
These updates are effective on May 1 for all new and renewing New York (businesses with 1 to 100 employees) and New Jersey (businesses with 2 to 50 employees) small group customers. The updates include:
- A new member website
- An enhanced advocacy customer service model
- Virtual doctor visits
- A more robust and streamlined service experience when using their medical benefits
“We think these programs can make a real difference in members’ lives and we’re pleased to be able to offer Oxford small group members access to our products and innovative services to help individuals better manage their benefits, make informed health care choices and improve their health and well-being,” said Paul Marden, CEO of UnitedHealthcare of New Jersey.
Oxford members will be able to access:
- A new website, myuhc.com®, which includes features such as provider search, plan and benefit inquiries, access to claims history, health literacy information, the Rally wellness engagement program and the ability to view both medical and dental claims.
- Virtual doctor visits through myuhc.com or via the UnitedHealthcare app. With virtual visits, members can see and talk with doctors, typically within 30 minutes or less — or at scheduled times, from the convenience and privacy of their home.
- Real Appeal, a weight-management lifestyle program
- Quit for Life, a nicotine cessation program
For employers, there will be an updated, streamlined billing site for invoices and transactions plus continued access to oxfordhealth.com to conduct New York and New Jersey business.
“We understand the market place is constantly changing and we appreciate that in order to help people live their healthiest lives and also deliver competitive plans, we must continue to evolve,” said Michael McGuire, CEO of UnitedHealthcare of New York.
Brokers will also notice the enhancements. Commissions will be paid twice per month for their groups that have received these enhancements. They can also easily access information including commissions, billing and eligibility, member lists and details, plus the ability to easily enroll members via the site.
Similar enhancements to Oxford New York and New Jersey large group plans began in October 2019.